Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

About All of the Homeschool Blogs I'm following...


I just wanted to make a quick note to explain why I have so many of them--especially when I'm not even a homeschooler.

The truth is...I'm thinking about it.  What started off as an innocent night cruising around Pinterest looking for activities to do with my toddler ended up leading me to MANY homeschooling blogs.  I started pinning the activities that I liked and found myself staying on the blog and looking around and finding even more things I liked.  This happened several times with several blogs and many of these awesome blogs are either linked to, or have buttons for other awesome blogs.  Before I knew it my Google Reader was full of loads of new posts for all these new blogs I had added.

Most people seem to have an opinion on homeschooling.  While some remain neutral or indifferent, most either have a strong positive or negative reaction on the matter.  E is only 2.5 so I have plenty of time before any formal decisions need to be made, but as of right now it's something I'm seriously considering.  I do have some reservations about it (am I patient enough?  Am I organized enough?...) and I don't have rose colored glasses on.  I wasn't a classroom teacher for very long but my experience has left me a bit jaded.  I have several friends still "in the system" and the stories I hear from them are horrifying.  I *KNOW* there are still some amazing public schools out there who are doing some astounding things, but as far as the system in general?  I'm not sure how much faith I have left in it.  One thing I noticed as I've looked at more and more of these blogs is that the work these mothers are doing with their children is educational AND fun and it's very hands on.  Also?  It doesn't seem to take 6 hours a day and there isn't boat loads of homework for little kids.  I really love a lot of the methods I see being used.

All that being said, if you're looking for great ideas to do with your kid(s) you will not be disappointed, and trust me--there won't be a shortage of ideas any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment