Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Breaking the Ice

"Today was good.  Today was fun.  Tomorrow is another one"
The more I read to my son, the more I find myself grabbing Dr. Seuss books. Sure, there are plenty of other children's books that are fantastic (and we likely have those in our home library as well!), but there is just something about the messages in the Dr. Seuss books that are presented in such a silly, fun way that makes me grab them first. I find that the messages in the books are good for me as an adult as well--as a reminder to be a little silly, or accept who I am for what I am, that even the littlest people matter...or even to try new foods because I may end up liking them! I've always loved children's books, and in many ways I tend to enjoy them more than adult books. I don't know if that makes me immature or not (if it does--oh well!). Sometimes simplicity is profound...or, to quote the fabulous Dr. Seuss "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Yet another good thing for me to remember as I tend to over think things! Well, now that you're now well aware of my love for Dr. Seuss and children's books I'll allow me to properly introduce myself. I'm Jess, a Navy wife and stay at home mom to a 2.5 year old and a 9 month old. I'm currently working on reclaiming my sanity. Don't get me wrong, my munchkins are absolutely a blessing and they're both wonderful kids but at the ages they are right now, let's just say things have been....challenging lately! The little one is mobile which now apparently makes her a threat to her brother and "his" toys. I say "his" because at 2.5 he feels as though *everything* is his.


Now, without further ado I bring you my Thing 1 and Thing 2! (Oh yes.  I did.  I know,  I'm lame! haha)

                                                                                                                                             
Thing 1  ("E", 2.5), enjoying a few sips of my short, non-fat, pumpkin spice latte.   I had to wrestle the cup back!
My baby girl, "Shortcake" (9mos).  


In my effort to reclaim my sanity I'm starting this blog in hopes that it will be a useful tool to help me accomplish what I aim to do. It's a week before Thanksgiving and there are a multitude of Facebook statuses from people saying what they are thankful for each day as a countdown to Thanksgiving. Never one to be a joiner, I haven't been doing that (ha!). Really though, it's not because I don't like it and I think it's nice that other people are doing it. I'm a planner. To the point of being annoying, and an overachieving perfectionist (though you've NEVER think that if you looked at my house right now and see what I *haven't* accomplished lately...). So, never one to disappoint, I'm working on my New Year's resolutions. In November.

I would like to not sweat the small stuff so much anymore, and enjoy the great life that I have.

I need to be more grateful and remember the person I wanted to be. I would like to be more patient and more disciplined. It's WAY too easy for me to get sucked into the TV or playing around online.

 I do have more but I'll stop there for now so I won't make your eyes glaze over.

No comments:

Post a Comment