Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Meal Plan for Nov 20-27



Well...when I say meal plan I really mean dinner plans for this week.  Maybe at some point I'll get really organized and do breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks but for now I'll just be satisfied if I can make a meal plan for dinner and stick to it!

Tonight we're having grilled BBQ chicken, green beans and grilled pineapple.

Mon-- Teriyaki chicken in the crock pot with fresh pineapple chunks, served over rice.

This has quickly become a staple in our house.  There aren't many ingredients, I can dump it in the crock pot and not do anything with it until I shred it a few hours before dinner, and of course it tastes good!  It's a little on the salty side (which doesn't bother me...) and I tried using reduced sodium teriyaki sauce and it just wasn't the same.  I didn't like it so I'm sticking with this recipe as is!


Tues-- Spaghetti with [all beef] meatballs, green beans and garlic bread.

Another really easy dinner.  I make the meatballs and brown them just a bit in a skillet and then toss them into a crock pot of [store bought] spaghetti sauce that I make modifications to.  The meatballs finish cooking in the spaghetti sauce and take on a really nice flavor as the sauce soaks into them.


Wed-- Homemade calzones and a salad.


Thurs-- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  We're having turkey with mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and homemade cranberry sauce.


Fri-- Gilled marinated flank steak with grilled zucchini.


Sat -- Leftovers


Sun--Leftovers

Depending on how much food we have leftover after Sunday, the leftovers may or may not take over Monday's dinner as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment